Welcome to Sahuarita Middle School, Home of the Jaguars.
We are a school committed to excellence, striving everyday to create a rich learning environment that meets the 21st century academic rigor required of young adults while providing the social and emotional support needed by young adolescent students. Our middle school staff excels in differentiated instruction to meet your child’s individual educational needs and we make it a number one priority to foster personal excellence in each student.
Sahuarita Middle School Highlights:
- Dynamic curriculum aligned to Arizona State Standards and Common Core Standards
- High expectations for staff and students
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support School (P.B.I.S.)
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
The SMS Administration places the highest priority on the connection between school and home. We welcome input and encourage you to visit or volunteer in your child’s classroom!
Dates to Watch for:
- April 25th, Friday
Spirit Shirt Day
Spirit Shirts available in office $10
- April 3oth, Wednesday
NO School for Students
Parent Letter (English) (Spanish)
- May 16, Friday
8th Grade Promotion Dance
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- May 20th, Tuesday
SMS 8th Grade Promotion
11:00 am to 12:00 pm
Common Core State Standards
- Common Core Parent Letter
- AZ Common Core Standards
- Four Fast Facts for Families
- Common Core Myths vs. Facts
- CCSS ELA & Literacy K-12
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix A
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix B
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix C
- CCSS Math K-12
Teacher Web Sites:
Working together for school success!
Total Enrollment: 628
- checXchange – Notice to Parents
- YMCA Summer Jobs and Training Available
- SMS Summer School Information
- YMCA Swimming Lessons this Summer
- SMS Title I Annual Meeting Presentation
- SMS Yearbooks on SALE Now!
- SUSD K-8 Summer Enrichment Program
Summer School Forms
- 2014 SHS Summer School Forms
(8th Grade ONLY)
- Health Resources for Parents and Families
- “World by Me” Parent letter & Link
- SMS Parent Involvement School Plan
- Parents’ A+ Back-to-School Action Plan
- How to Make Learning Easier for Students
- Parental Tips
- SMS Parent School Connection
- ABC’s of Cyberbullying for Students
- Homework Tips
Sahuarita Middle School
8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Phone: 520-625-3502 x1400
Fax #: 520-393-7043
350 W. Sahuarita Rd.
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Principal: Stephanie Silman
Assistant Principal: Bryan Huie
Last Updated: April 22nd, 2014.