Welcome to Sahuarita Middle School, Home of the Jaguars.
We are a school committed to excellence, striving everyday to create a rich learning environment that meets the 21st century academic rigor required of young adults while providing the social and emotional support needed by young adolescent students. Our middle school staff excels in differentiated instruction to meet your child’s individual educational needs and we make it a number one priority to foster personal excellence in each student.
Sahuarita Middle School Highlights:
- Dynamic curriculum aligned to Arizona State Standards and Common Core Standards
- High expectations for staff and students
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support School (P.B.I.S.)
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
The SMS Administration places the highest priority on the connection between school and home. We welcome input and encourage you to visit or volunteer in your child’s classroom!
Dates to Watch for
- Mon. 5/20, Tues. 5/21, & Wed. 5/22
1/2 Day schedule
release at 12:45pm
- Wednesday, May 22nd
8th Grade Promotion
11:00 am to 12:00 pm
*Parking will be available in lots adjacent to the District Auditorium
- Thursday 5/23
1/2 Day release at 1:25pm
Common Core State Standards
- AZ Common Core Standards
- Four Fast Facts for Families
- Common Core Myths vs. Facts
- CCSS ELA & Literacy K-12
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix A
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix B
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix C
- CCSS Math K-12
Teacher Web Sites:
“Middle Years” resource news:
Working together for school success!
Total Enrollment: 599
- SMS 8th Grade Promotion and Dance Information
- Incoming 6th Grade Parent Presentation
- Wellness Center Information & Dates
- Health Resources for Parents and Families
- Immunization Events for Back to School
- SMS Summer School Info. & Enrollment Form
- “World by Me” Parent letter & Link
- SHS Summer School Information
- SMS Parent Involvement School Plan
- Parent Pick Up Procedures
- Parents’ A+ Back-to-School Action Plan
- How to Make Learning Easier for Students
- Bell Schedule
- Parental Tips
- SMS Parent School Connection
- ABC’s of Cyberbullying for Students
- Homework Tips
- Homework Help Mon & Tues in the SMS Library from 3:25 – 5:25 pm
Sahuarita Middle School
8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Phone: 520-625-3502 x1400
Fax #: 520-393-7043
350 W. Sahuarita Rd.
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Principal: Stephanie Silman
Assistant Principal: Bryan Huie
Last Updated: May 17th, 2013.