Welcome to Sahuarita Middle School, Home of the Jaguars.
We are a school committed to excellence, striving everyday to create a rich learning environment that meets the 21st century academic rigor required of young adults while providing the social and emotional support needed by young adolescent students. Our middle school staff excels in differentiated instruction to meet your child’s individual educational needs and we make it a number one priority to foster personal excellence in each student.
Sahuarita Middle School Highlights:
- Dynamic curriculum aligned to Arizona State Standards and Common Core Standards
- High expectations for staff and students
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support School (P.B.I.S.)
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
The SMS Administration places the highest priority on the connection between school and home. We welcome input and encourage you to visit or volunteer in your child’s classroom!
Dates to Watch for:
Every Friday is Spirit Day!
Shirts $10 in SMS Office
Early Release Wednesdays
February 10th, 17th, & 24th
February 25th & 26th
March 5th, 2016 Saturday
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Common Core State Standards
- Common Core Parent Letter
- AZ Common Core Standards
- Four Fast Facts for Families
- Common Core Myths vs. Facts
- CCSS ELA & Literacy K-12
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix A
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix B
- CCSS ELA & Literacy: Appendix C
- CCSS Math K-12
Teacher Web Sites:
Working together for school success!
Total Enrollment: 702
- CareDox Parent Notification Letter
- Parent Concussion Letter
- SMS Title I Annual Meeting Presentation
- Health Resources for Parents and Families
- SMS Parent Involvement School Plan
- Parents’ A+ Back-to-School Action Plan
- SMS Parent School Connection
- ABC’s of Cyberbullying for Students
- Homework Tips
Sahuarita Middle School
7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Phone: 520-625-3502 x 1400
Fax #: 520-393-7043
350 W. Sahuarita Rd.
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
Principal: Stephanie Silman
Assistant Principal: Robert Beachy
Last Updated: January 12th, 2016.